- About Us
- Online Resources
- How Do I?
- Subject Guides
Patron Behavior Policy
BERNARDS TOWNSHIP LIBRARY
PATRON BEHAVIOR POLICY
This policy outlines the behavior standards in our library. Any patron not abiding by these standards may be required to leave the library premises; membership may be suspended or revoked. If illegal and/or unlawful activity is seen or suspected, the Bernards Township Police may be called. This policy is posted in the building.
The Board of Trustees of the Bernards Township Library has adopted the following guidelines to allow its patrons to have a rewarding experience at the Library. Patrons should:
- Engage in activities associated with the use of a public library.
- Respect the rights of other patrons and staff.
- Refrain from inappropriate activities, including but not limited to:
- Using audio/video equipment so that others can hear it
- Prolonged or loud use of a mobile phone
- Viewing inappropriate websites
- Bringing animals into the library except those needed to assist a patron with a disability, service animal trainees, or those that are part of Library programs
- Misusing the restrooms
- Engaging in disruptive conduct
- Interfering with another patron’s use of the library or with the library personnel’s performance of their duties
- Appropriate clothing, including shirt and shoes, is required for all patrons while in the building.
- Limited drinking and snacking is permitted in the Library:
- Snacks are permitted but not messy or aromatic foods
- Beverages in spill proof containers are allowed
- Food and drink pose a potential risk to other patrons and to library collections, equipment and furnishings. We therefore ask that you act responsibly when consuming food and drink in the Library.
- Library staff reserves the right to request that Library users refrain from eating or drinking or leave the Library if their food is disturbing others.